Makati City Jobs Associate Cloud Software Maintenance Engineer Position at Red Hat Inc.
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company is currently seeking employees to fill the position as Associate Cloud Software Maintenance Engineer. For those of you who live in Makati City and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join and becoming a part of our company to work in our office, Red Hat Inc., and able to work under system.
As a company that is professional and competent in the field we are engaged in, we have specific criteria for each of our employees as well as the prospective employees. If you are experienced in the field of Computer/Information Technology & IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin with a minimum degree of Not Specified, professional, honest and disciplined in work, we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
The average starting salary we can offer you is in the range of ₱16,000 - ₱38,000. If you have credibility beyond the minimum criteria we are looking for, the provisions regarding the average initial salary we offer may change according to our company HRD agreement.
|Red Hat Inc.
|Associate Cloud Software Maintenance Engineer
|Type of Work
About the job
Red Hat is seeking an Associate Cloud Software Maintenance Software Engineer with a strong background in OpenShift <Kubernetes> cluster deployment and configuration to join our Cloud Services Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team in the Philippines. CEE is the customer facing group within Red Hat’s engineering organization. Our Cloud Services team provides high quality support to Red Hat customers and partners around the globe for our many Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (Saas) offerings.
In this role you will be challenged at applying your skills and knowledge to provide direct support for critical environments and help ensure the stability of services by performing dedicated support activities, engaging in automation activities, issue remediation and perform root cause analysis (RCA) to maximize up-time and reduce costs for enterprise customers. Our Cloud Services team is dedicated to resolving issues quickly and efficiently. You will consistently rely on your knowledge of production support, or your background in dev-ops processes, including incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and critical issue resolution procedures. In this role, you will collaborate with our customers, internal teams, architects, and Site Reliability Engineering teams to troubleshoot complex and challenging issues. You’ll partner closely with development engineering teams and work alongside some of the brightest developers in the open source community. You will also work with Red Hat’s key strategic cloud partners to jointly solve customer Multi-Cloud issues. This position is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing enterprise software and services companies and the leader in open source software.
What you will do
- Act as the direct contact and adviser for customer inquiries and issues with their Cloud Services through our Customer Portal as well as by phone, and using remote access and chat support tools
- Quickly be able to analyze issues to identify problem areas and effectively communicate corrective actions and resolutions to customers in a professional and timely manner
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience by using professional communication, and applying product knowledge and deep troubleshooting to perform direct actions in cluster environments in order to resolve a variety of issues
- Perform technical troubleshooting using tools like curl, strace, wireshark, and kernel analysis, to investigate and resolve technical issues with components such as CRI-O, networking, system performance issues, Kubernetes, OpenShift Container Platform, and RESTful API calls.
- Responsible for partnering with internal teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for Red Hat’s Cloud Services
- Collaborate with other support engineers, internal teams and external parties during the problem resolution process
- Record customer interactions including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues, to document diagnostic steps and issue resolution to create reusable solutions for future incidents
- Manage incident and issue workloads, to ensure that all customer issues are handled and resolved in a timely manner.
- Strong work ethic, able to work as part of a team and focus on customers and resolving their issues
- Candidates are expected to work on a staggered 40-hour week that includes weekends
- Contribute to regional or global initiatives or projects
What you will bring
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Infrastructure implementation, Deployment, Administration and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms (cri-o, Kubernetes, OpenShift Container Platform)
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of developer workflows, Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Continuous Deployments paradigms
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and troubleshooting skills and possess an ability to form precise action plans for issue remediation, as well as explain technical concepts and provide guidance to customers and internal teams.
- Experience working with tools surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem such as, Prometheus, Grafana, FluentD etc.
- Experience working with configuration management tools ( Ansible, Terraform etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and automation tools (Ansible, Splunk, etc.)
- Proficient scripting and automation skills to convert manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation are a plus
- Ability to operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available environments and interact with Site Reliability Engineer domain experts maintaining those environments
- Adhere to established ITIL practices such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a desire to mentor other members of the support team, as well as share technical knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
- Comfortable with logging issues and working with issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Contribute to standardize and document operational procedures
- Ability to understand and adopt process, project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership to consistently deliver successful outcomes
- Practical knowledge of one or more public cloud providers, like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and their integration with enterprise customers; recent Public Cloud certification and experience with hyperscaler services like AWS RDS and Azure Postgres is a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English is a must; multilingual skills in either Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish is a plus
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We’re a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
|National Capital Region
|H23F+X23 REDCAT, Dela Rosa Access Rd 1, Legazpi Village, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.