Taguig City Jobs Legal Manager Position at PNOC Exploration Corporation – Government
- Job vacancies posted on: 6 months ago
Hi, there! Are you that lucky person we are looking for which will join our company? We will be delighted to have you!
We are hiring for candidates in the residents of Taguig City and the surrounding regions, we are open recruitment for the positions as Legal Manager in our business office, PNOC Exploration Corporation - Government.
This is a decent opportunity for you who are willing to work under full time working hours.
Candidates with a Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) or even higher and greatly experienced in Services & Lawyer/Legal Asst are especially required. Because our company values a competitive and professional work atmosphere, the candidates we seek must be dependable, honest, disciplined, and diligent.
We can offer you a salary that is generally between ₱16,000 - ₱38,000, which is competitive and reasonable. But no need to be worry! If you are beyond our expectations and dedicated to bringing our company to be much better with the credibility that you can offer, the salary range is negotiable and also can be changed according to our company HRD agreement.
|Company||PNOC Exploration Corporation – Government|
|Career Level||Assistant Manager/Manager|
|Work Experience||3 years|
|Qualification||Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam)|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
JOB GRADE: 14
- Bachelor of Laws
- At least three (3) years comprehensive experience in the practice of law.
- Excellent analytical skills; experienced in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts; experienced in handling cases; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experienced in representing clients before government agencies and courts of law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Leadership and People Development
1. Set short-term and medium-term departmental goals in line with the Company’s objectives;
2. Review and implement the annual work plan and budget; ensure the accomplishments of work plan and activities; and monitor its performance and utilization in line with the overall direction of the Company;
3. Lead the department in its (a) recruitment function; (b) provision of development intervention (training and career development); and (c) assessment of staff performance and taking corrective actions to address performance issues or concerns.
B. Advisory and Risk Assessment
1. Identify, anticipate, review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel management of legal risks, issues, and options affecting the Company’s upstream and downstream operations in oil, gas and coal;
2. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel legal advice and options to reduce and control legal risks in various areas in management and corporate services including, finance and accounting, planning and budget, human resources and administration, procurement, and information and communication technology;
3. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel proactive legal advice, options and strategies on current and possible legal issues and topics such as labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance, among others;
4. Use in-depth knowledge and expertise in law to solve complex problems, taking into account new and/ or current perspectives and other disciplines/ methodologies to define and resolve legal issues and risks;
5. Evaluate and review inputs and impacts of any decisions or legal courses of action;
6. Oversee and lead the implementation of legal strategies and compliance with directives/ opinions/ advice;
7. Serve as key lawyer/ legal advisor on all major business transactions of the Company.
C. Contracts Evaluation, Negotiation, and Management
1. Review, negotiate, and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel the terms of major types of agreements such as (1) service contracts; (2) coal operating contracts; (3) joint operating agreements; (4) farm-in agreements;(5) joint venture agreements; (6) gas sales and purchase agreements; (7) coal sales agreements; (8) heads of agreements; (9) joint study agreements; (10) license agreements; (11) seismic contracts;
(12) drilling contracts; (13) plug and abandon agreements; and (14) port users’ agreements;
2. Review, negotiate, and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel other types of agreements, such as: (1) confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements; (2) general services agreements; (3) agreements on coal operations and supervision; (4) lease agreements; (5) fuel purchase agreements; (6) credit and credit line agreements; (7) hauling and integrated services agreements; (8) consultancy agreements; and (9) employment contracts;
3. Formulate, negotiate, and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel contracts without specified formats such as Memorandum of Agreement and Memorandum of Understanding;
4. Address, evaluate, lead the review of, and endorse solutions to the Vice President/ General Counsel on complex and significant matters that cut-across legal and related areas;
5. Provide clarification and expound on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization; and
6. Ensure implementation of the above-mentioned agreements.
D. Legal Actions and Dispute Resolution
1. Review the advocacies and defenses of the Company in current and potential legal actions and endorse the same to the Vice President/ General Counsel;
2. Review and recommend action on legal issues and concerns, and endorse the same to the Vice President/ General Counsel, for referral/ endorsement to the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel (OGCC);
3. Conduct, review, and direct legal research on claims and defenses of and against the Company;
4. Review investigation of claims and defenses of and against the Company and endorse the same to the Vice President/ General Counsel;
5. Formulate, devise, and review legal strategies in collaboration with the OGCC;
6. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel pleadings and other documents for filing in courts and various judicial/ quasi-judicial bodies;
7. Attend and oversee hearings/ proceedings on cases filed by/against the Company together with the OGCC to prosecute or defend claims for or against the Company;
8. Lead, direct, and oversee implementation of decisions, resolutions, orders and writs issued by courts and other adjudicating bodies; and
9. Lead the engagement of the OGCC to provide legal opinions that ensure the tenability and soundness of the Company’s position.
E. Compliance and Regulatory Requirements
1. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel or Compliance Officer, as appropriate, the required submissions to the Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other government agencies;
2. Direct, guide, oversee, and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Company’s internal governance policies and of the GCG, and the rules and regulations of appropriate government agencies;
3. Appear before the GCG, upon instruction of the Vice President/ General Counsel or the Compliance Officer, when summoned in relation to compliance with GCG requirements and other compliance issues.
F. Corporate Secretariat
(In case of appointment as Assistant Corporate Secretary in concurrent capacity)
1. Ensure proper keeping of full minutes of all the meetings of the Board, of the Committees, and of the stockholders;
2. Review and endorse to the Corporate Secretary all notices required by law or the By-Laws of the Company as well as all notices of all meetings of the Board, of the Committees, and of the stockholders;
3. Advise the members of the Board on their responsibilities and obligations;
4. Advise the members of the Board and the Company’s officers on various matters, such as, but not limited to the following: corporate governance; directors’ compensation, Board evaluations, Committee composition, corporate calendars, and legal risks and issues.
5. Take lead in facilitating the orientation and training of directors;
6. Be fully informed of, be part of, coordinate, and attend all the activities of the Board;
7. Review and endorse to the Corporate Secretary minutes of Board, Committee, and stockholders’ meetings;
8. Oversee the adequate flow of information to the members of the Board prior to meetings;
9. Liaise for the director, officers, and shareholders;
10. Oversee and direct the activities related to the Annual and Special Meetings of Shareholders;
11. Oversee stockholder relations roles including, among others, stock issuance and transfer operations;
12. Review and endorse to the Corporate Secretary disclosure and compliance requirements such as the General Information Sheet and other documents for submission to the Securities and Exchange Commission and Governance Commission for GOCCs; and
13. Review, issue, and endorse to the Corporate Secretary issuance or release of Secretary’s Certificates.
G. Cross-Functional Roles
1. Membership in the Bids and Awards Committee/ Technical Working Groups: (i) Perform functions as regular member of the BAC/TWG; (ii) Render legal opinions/ advice during meetings of the BAC or the TWG; (ii) Review bid documents, Terms of Reference, and Requests for Approval; (iv) Safeguard the Company’s interest by thoroughly explaining legal issues, managing legal risks, formulating legal strategies and recommending action during meetings; (v) Conduct research and review of relevant jurisprudence, rules and regulations relevant to the BAC and procurement process; (vi) Interface, liaise and coordinate with the Government Procurement Policy Board to discuss relevant procurement matters; and (vii) Perform bidding’s post-qualification functions.
2. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel updates and revisions of existing policy or procedures appropriate for the Legal Department; and
3. Formulate and review advice to PNOC and other PNOC subsidiaries on various legal concerns affecting joint venture partnerships and various energy-related projects.
H. Inter-Agency Relations
1. Oversee and lead the interface and coordination with external parties such as regulators, external counsels, clients, and government agencies and/or officials, including but not limited to the following, Philippine National Oil Company, Department of Energy, Department of Finance, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Philippine Ports Authority, MARINA, Government Procurement Policy Board, Governance Commission for GOCCs, Bureau of Internal Revenue, local government units, among others;
2. Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel proposed legislation affecting national policies on oil, gas and coal exploration, development, and production;
3) Review and endorse to the Vice President/ General Counsel proposals or reviews of new circulars to be issued by the Department of Energy affecting policies on oil, gas and coal exploration, development, and production; and
4. Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
I. Continuous Improvement
1. Ensure continuous professional improvement by keeping abreast of updates of legal, regulatory and jurisprudential developments;
2. Oversee the enhancement of relevant knowledge of industry developments;
3. Oversee the development of further expertise;
4. Keep abreast of industry-related developments and best practices and recommend possible adaptations applicable to the Legal Department;
5. Implement updates and revisions of existing procedures appropriate for the Legal Department; and
6. Develop and recommend to the Vice President/ General Counsel updates and revisions of existing policies/ procedures appropriate for the Company.
|Region||National Capital Region|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
PNOC Exploration Corporation is the upstream oil, gas and coal subsidiary of the state-owned Philippine National Oil Company. A government owned and controlled corporation, the Company was incorporated on 20 April 1976 and is mandated by the government through the Department of Energy (DOE) to take the lead in exploration, development and production of the country’s oil, gas and coal resources. The company likewise owns and operates a private commercial port – the Energy Supply Base (ESB) – in Mabini, Batangas which provides berthing, cargo handling, storage and warehousing facilities to its clients.
- Industry: Oil / Gas / Petroleum
- Company Size: 201 - 500 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
- Benefits & Others: Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), -
- Specific Location: BGC, Taguig