Makati City Jobs Monitoring, Evaluation, Research And Learning (merl) Officer Position at Plan International, Inc. (ASIA RHQ)
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Officer. For those of you who live in Makati City and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, Plan International, Inc. (ASIA RHQ), and able to under a working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of Education/Training & Training & Dev. with at least Not Specified, professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from ₱16,000 - ₱38,000. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Plan International, Inc. (ASIA RHQ)
|Monitoring, Evaluation, Research And Learning (merl) Officer
|Type of Work
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
To support access to economic opportunities, Plan International explored and supported community-based enterprise development (CBED) initiatives and invested in the digitization of life skills, pre-employment and CBED training to improve young people’s digital literacy and complement available technical training provided by the government.
Plan International intends to build on the learnings and gains from the first phase of the project, Youth Connect 1.0, and expand to other underserved communities in the Philippines.
The You(th) Connect 1.5 Project will address gaps in youth training and decreased access to economic opportunities exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Aligned with the Western Union Foundation’s mission of creating opportunities for young people in migration, the project will focus on three migration melting pots in Cebu, Maguindanao, and Western Samar, and support training opportunities, and access to community-based enterprises and employment in these areas.
In line with this project, Plan International invites competent, experienced, and committed professionals to fill the following position.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Officer will lead the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities as well as the knowledge management of the project. She/he also facilitates the Programme Accountability and Learning System (PMERL) processes and standards. She/he is responsible for developing the project’s MERL plan.
Further, as the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Officer:
- You will facilitate the conduct of program and project planning.
- You will maintain a database of relevant data about communities and partners.
- You will draft Quarterly and Final reports in collaboration with the Project Coordinator.
- You will facilitate participatory program review with staff and partners.
- You will ensure the availability and accessibility of PMERL manual and guidelines.
- Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization. In exceptional cases, you will be asked to support emergency response activities in the communities in your assigned covered areas.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Communication, Social Science, Social Work, Community Development, Statistics, or other related courses; an Advanced degree is an advantage.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in conducting research, planning, developing, and managing community research and development work-related projects.
- Has relevant training in rights-based programming; communications for development, community development; program/project management; participatory research; and monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Previous work experience in a similar project or in a non-government organization/s is an advantage.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to relate to people from all backgrounds.
- Applicants must be based in the Philippines and Filipino nationals.
Location: Makati City, NCR
Type of Role: Project-based (until April 2024)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Flexible working arrangements, with fieldwork as required
Competitive compensation package (local T&C)
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy, and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organizational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights, and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme, we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
|National Capital Region
|Plan Philippines, 4th floor Bloomingdale Building, 205, Salcedo, Legazpi Village, Makati, 1229, Philippines
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
- Industry: Non-Profit Organisation / Social Services / NGO
- Company Size: 201 - 500 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), Life & Accident Insurance